Our mission and values shape who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Our mission is to nourish spiritual growth by helping people experience God, follow Jesus, love each other and serve the world.
Experience God (Spirituality) - We believe God is active in the life of every person, and that real spirituality is about growing and being transformed by encountering him in a personal way.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13
Following Jesus (Discipleship) - We believe that Jesus is still alive today, and that he calls every person to follow him in a unique and personal way. We believe that he is God, and that he demonstrated the best possible way to live through his life and teachings.
I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. - Jesus in John 8:12
Loving Each Other (Community) - We believe we were created to live in meaningful, healthy relationships, and that a church community should be characterized above all by the surprising depth of its love.
May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else. - 1 Thessalonians 3:12
Serving the World (Service) - We believe that a church is a tremendous force for good in the community and in the world, and that followers of Christ should live surprisingly generous lives of service.
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. - Philippians 2:4
Core values are the unique expression of what is important to an organization. They affect the unique way we fulfill our mission. The following ten core values express some of the characteristics and core beliefs that shape our church culture and influence all we do:
1. Experience - Transformation springs from authentic experiences of God in personal and community settings.
2. Journey - God is always moving us forward in our journeys as individuals and as a church.
3. Hope - We are called to actively communicate Jesus’ message of hope and redemption.
4. Diversity - We celebrate the image of God revealed uniquely in each of us and made complete in all of us.
5. Generosity - Together and separately, we should live surprisingly generous lives of service for the sake of all people.
6. Scripture - Ongoing interaction with the Scriptures forms a solid and sacred basis for all of life.
7. Love - Radical love should permeate every aspect of personal and community life.
8. Nature - People connect with God’s character, beauty and truth through His creation.
9. Ownership - The mission we share is worthy of the best of our selves and our resources.
10. Grace - A continual experience of God’s grace allows us to show grace to others.