Our First Connections class is a great way to meet new people and learn about who we are.
Offered a couple of times each year, First Connections is a 3-week course that covers what you need to know as you make MCC your home. Each session begins with a shared meal, a great chance to get to know a few other newcomers (as well as Pastor Jeremy and/or other leaders). We usually eat at 6:00 pm and end around 8 or 8:30. This is a summary of what you can expect, in addition to other questions that come up along the way:
Session One: What We Believe
- What are the basic teachings of the Christian faith?
- What does it mean to be a Christian?
- What is the church?
Session Two: Who We Are
- What is our denominational background?
- What is our mission?
- What makes us unique?
- Where did we come from and where are we going?
Session Three: How You Fit In
- What does it mean to be part of MCC?
- How can I contribute to the mission?
- How can I get connected in relationships?
We strongly encourage every newcomer to MCC to participate in this class so that you can:
- start some friendships that will continue even when the group is over
- learn about who we are as a church
- learn about what it means to be a Christ-follower
- learn how to make the most of your experience at MCC
- understand the next steps you can take to get plugged into MCC
Classes are scheduled based on demand and availability. If you're interested in getting signed up for the next offering of First Connections, please fill out the form below: